Monday, April 16, 2007

Suddenly Spring!

When Spring Appears

Meadowlarks give lusty cheers
when spring appears
when spring appears.

Buds and seeds prick up their ears
and blades of grass show eager spears.

And only icicles weep tears
when spring appears
when spring appears

Aileen Fisher

Spring photos from around my yard
(if you prefer puppies to flowers, scroll down to the bottom)

Rhododendron



Ajuga (bugleweed) and daylilies

Japanese Maple (acer palmatum)


Dwarf Fothergilla



Bleeding Heart




Japanese Cherry
(okay I cheated with this one it's not from my yard - it's from the mall parking lot)



Another sign of Spring:
Our neighbor stopped by yesterday to show us her adorable new puppies (only 10 weeks old). They are a cross between a Boston and a Pug - a Bug!
These were the best shots I could get, these little rascals are a bundle of energy and don't really hold still.

Brindle Bug (Brin for short)


Lady Bug and Brindle Bug


These photos are about the sum total of what I accomplished this weekend, with the exception of a bit of spinning and knitting (photographic evidence soon).


Mr. CPA has been quite ill this last week with a nasty virus courtesy of the rather ironically named Dept. of Health. I held out hope that my alleged immune system would rally this time since I made it through an entire week of close contact without displaying any signs of viral activity. But, ummm, no.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

eek, sorry to hear you're getting it too. :-( I love your spring flower photos ~ and I need a BUG! BAD!

Anonymous said...

The Bugs are adorable!

Thank you for the garden pictures. I hope you feel better soon.

Melanie said...

I hope you feel better soon. Those little guys are adorable. Thanks for the Spring flowers.

Romi said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures!

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

those puppies are way too cute!

The Woolley Farm said...

Your flower pics are superb! You have missed your calling---I think I see the title "Garden Photographer" floating above your name...

vanessa said...

you have some major bad a** germs out there! get better before your trip!