Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mending

This has been a really busy time for the garden so there hasn't been a lot of crafty activity going on.

I haven't really felt motivated to work on my knitting projects so the Sommelier sweater remains in it's 'to be sewn up' state.

I have been doing a bit of work on my ongoing quilting project, mostly cutting out the remaining squares for piecing. I did take some photos but I was using my little Canon point-n-shoot instead of my larger Nikon and the battery died. Unfortunately, the charger has gone missing so I can't upload them.

Mr. CPA reminded me the other day that I had promised to mend his backpack quite some time ago, so yesterday I set up my newest vintage sewing machine find and got it back in working order.

Singer 301A shortbed

This is quite the sturdy little machine and didn't have any trouble stitching through the zipper tape and backpack material. I used some hand quilting thread and a jeans needle and now Mr. CPA's backpack should be able to be useful for awhile longer.



No comments: